Sunday 16 February 2014

NEW YEAR.... NEW START!

Hey.. I'm back after a year of being away from this blog.. I do feel bad though cuz I had many many many things I could share, many events and situations I could write about and come up with amazing pieces but laziness took its toll on me and I ended up writing only a few pieces the past year .. 
Anyways, I'm here to share some really good news well at least for me it really really is .... ! 
I started writing long ago like 5-6 years back .. honestly I was never confident in my writing but I knew I never felt tired of it at all.. I could spend hours writing , pulling up an all-nighter just to look for words online to increase vocabulary and write .. never had enough courage to show anyone though.. in school I showed my English teacher and my class fellows and the response was positive so I kind of gained a bit of confidence but never dared to share with my family ..
Few reasons, but the main was because of my apprehensions .. since in my family no one really has interest in poetry, writing or anything related to that , I was kind of afraid of being rejected.. 
To make it short, after 3 years of being apprehensive , hiding and keeping everything to myself, I gathered up my courage and decided to show my family everything and come clean instead of living in the shadows for the rest of my life and pretending to be someone I'm not ... I decided to put an end to this unbearable suffocation..
I was REALLY REALLY REALLY nervous and anxious and scared and afraid when I showed them, my siblings one by one and then my mom.. Honestly , the 2 people I was most apprehensive about were my mom and my older brother, both not interested in poetry or writing....
Thankfully, all of their responses were positive , ALL OF THEM... gosh I still can't forget my mom's comment when I showed her , "WOW, it's a writer" , none of u can imagine how I felt at that time , I wanted to start jumping up and down, I'm so happy and thankful and all smiles.. Thank you Allah .. Alhamdulillah..! 
she suggested I write something happy as it will lead me to see the beauty of life and not towards the darkness..! :) 
I sure will start writing about different emotions including happiness.. but for now sadness is the emotion I think i'm most comfortable writing about so yeah.. 
That's all for now.. 2014 .. a promising start of this year .. may this year be filled with achievements, happiness and blessings for me and everyone else out there.. ! 
Alhamdulillah .. Dumb me was nervous and scared for nothing.. I should have done it earlier .. but whatever! :) 
I'm thankful for having a supportive family .! :)
alright then , 
let me start with this now.. from now I think I'll be updating more often..! 
Alhamdulillah :) 

1 comment: